About Me

My photo
After thirty years of hiring, I finally bought my own 50ft boat in 2005, which was built in 2001 by Andicraft at Debdale Wharf. I mostly cruise single handed and have no problem with that, although it does take a little longer than with a crew. My mooring is on the Wey Navigation, so I have a choice of routes on the Wey or the Thames.

Thursday 18 October 2012

Braunston Coal Run. Day 3

Another chilly start to the day at 8am, with rain forecast. It started at 11am and continued most of the day. It was a miserable experience at the tiller and we shared it out so as to warm up a bit, though we were all soaked to the skin with wet feet, despite waterproof clothing. A short stop at Abingdon to see if any shops were open to get a few things, but it was very quiet on a wet Sunday. We sold a few bags of coal on spec to lockies and boaters and gained a £150 order from a householder at the end of the day in Osney, to be dropped on the return trip. Barry cooked a very welcome spag bol and we had both ranges lit to warm us up and dry clothes. Not one of our best days boating!

A very wet Sunday.
The obvious (Photo by Maggie)
  

No comments: