About Me

My photo
After thirty years of hiring, I finally bought my own 50ft boat in 2005, which was built in 2001 by Andicraft at Debdale Wharf. I mostly cruise single handed and have no problem with that, although it does take a little longer than with a crew. My mooring is on the Wey Navigation, so I have a choice of routes on the Wey or the Thames.

Sunday 28 October 2012

Braunston Coal Run. Day 12

We set off with the intention of reaching Cropredy, but it was not to be. Guess what? The rudder was out yet again! We were close to a bridge ‘ole and soon had it back in place. I negotiated Cabbage Corner at Wormleighton with the butty on a short snatcher (towline) to try and steer the butty around the bends, but eventually the  top pintle broke again, this time above the previous weld right outside The Wharf Inn at Fenny Compton – how convenient! Also, there is the marina close by, so we repeated the previous day’s activities and got it welded for free this time by Mitchell Narrowboats.

The second break.
After refitting the top pintle, we stayed the night and enjoyed the Wharf’s hospitality.

No comments: