About Me

My photo
After thirty years of hiring, I finally bought my own 50ft boat in 2005, which was built in 2001 by Andicraft at Debdale Wharf. I mostly cruise single handed and have no problem with that, although it does take a little longer than with a crew. My mooring is on the Wey Navigation, so I have a choice of routes on the Wey or the Thames.

Thursday 18 October 2012

Braunston Coal Run. Day 6

It was shopping by all of us in Banbury the following morning, after a 6am awakening from the foundry opposite our mooring. I bought two pillows for £10 in BHS to replace the dirty, third rate ones in the motor cabin and what a difference they made to a nights sleep. It was showers on and off in a grey overcast day. Maggie steered the motor from Banbury to Cropredy, accompanied by me. There was considerable traffic following us and there were queues developing, so we let them all pass by, as we were in no hurry. Arrived at Fenny Compton and had a meal, before going to the pub. It was much more convivial than when I was here last time, so obviously things cheer up in the evenings, rather than at lunch time.
Watering up at Banbury. (Photo by Maggie)

Navigating through Banbury (Photo by Maggie)


No comments: