About Me

My photo
After thirty years of hiring, I finally bought my own 50ft boat in 2005, which was built in 2001 by Andicraft at Debdale Wharf. I mostly cruise single handed and have no problem with that, although it does take a little longer than with a crew. My mooring is on the Wey Navigation, so I have a choice of routes on the Wey or the Thames.

Thursday 18 October 2012

Braunston Coal Run. Day 2

I awoke to a bright and sunny day, but chilly, as it often is on the Thames. We shopped for three days food and Maggie Young turned up shortly afterwards. It was a much more relaxing trip up the Thames, breasted up with myself steering for most of the way, as Maggie was not feeling very well. The highlight of my day was being complimented by the Goring Lock Keeper on our professional way of entering the lock and mooring, especially as I was steering at the time. I passed Rodney and Valerie Wardlaw on nb Hazlenut, members of the Byfleet Boat Club, just above Goring, as they were about to moor there. It began to get cold at 6pm and we decided to moor just above Benson Lock layby, in deep water, which is a good place to remember for the future.

The Captain on the lookout for pirates.


Pirates or Stowaways?




Waiting at Goring Lock (Photo by Maggie)
Approaching Oxford



No comments: