Repaired and reinforced.
Bolting it all back.
With that refitted, we went up two locks to the bridge that had a steel bracket hanging over the parapet that we had used before. This time, however, it was more difficult and Barry had to ‘take a look’, this time voluntarily, to get the bottom pintle in the cup. Finally, we got through Marston Doles lock with its awkward exit and the wind trying to blow the boats into the hedge. The next incident happened at Bridge 123, where the motor just stemmed up solid. Using the Pull-Lift once again, we inched the boat through, before towing the butty through with no problem. By now it was getting dark and we chose a place to moor, miles from anywhere and a long way from the bank. No pub tonight then!